"THE EXPLORER'S CLUB"
Written By Nell Benjamin
Directed by Chris McVay
presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service.
JANUARY 13 - 28, 2017
THURS - SAT 7:30PM, SUN 2:00PM
London, 1879. The prestigious Explorers Club is in crisis: their acting president wants to admit a woman, and their bartender is terrible. True, this female candidate is brilliant, beautiful, and has discovered a legendary Lost City, but the decision to let in a woman could shake the very foundation of the British Empire, and how do you make such a decision without a decent drink? Grab your safety goggles for some very mad science involving deadly cobras, irate Irishmen and the occasional airship.
(Click on the gray boxes below to expand the sections)
TICKETS & CALENDAR
• Reserved seat tickets are $19; Senior and Students are $15; Thursday performances (January 19 and 26) are $15 for everyone. The ten performances are Friday-Sunday, January 13-15; Thursday-Sunday, January 19-22; and Thursday-Saturday, January 26-28.
Curtain time is 7:30 p.m.,
except for the 2 p.m. Sunday matinées.
• An Opening Night Gala with refreshments following the show is open to all those who purchase tickets to the January 13 performance. The VLT also has 20 assisted-listening devices available on a first-come basis each night.
• Season Ticket Holders may purchase tickets starting December 21.
• General Public sales begin January 4.
• Patrons may order tickets on-line at TheVLT.com or through the box office. For more information on tickets, call 541-344-7751 or send an email to [email protected] The Very Little Theatre is located at 2350 Hilyard St. in Eugene.