As a member of the Very Little Theatre, not only do you get to become part of a rich theatrical community, but there are some perks that go along with being inducted into our family of theatre lovers:
• Ability to vote on new board members each year.
• Ability to vote on the selection of Mainstage plays each year.
• Ability to purchase strips of 5 tickets to shows for only $20.
• Ability to run for a position on the VLT Board or for a Committee Chair.
• A special invitation to attend our December Holiday Party or the August Summer Picnic!
• Knowing you are making a change in your community by volunteering for a good cause: THEATRE!
BECOMING A MEMBER
As the VERY LITTLE THEATRE depends on it’s members to function year round, applicants for membership are required to show their interest in being active members by completing several requirements.
These requirements include:
• Participating in two shows in major and differing capacities (either on stage or backstage)
• Performing supporting tasks for the theatre such as:
▻ Ushering (3 times equals 1 credit)
▻ Work in the box office
▻ Attending set strike
▻ Work on refreshment or gala committee
▻ Help with costumes or props.
• You also need to attend 2 VLT membership meetings (excluding the December party and August picnic).
Knowledge of how our theatre operates is very important to our members since they make important decisions regarding board elections and the season’s plays and give ongoing support to the life of our theatre, beyond simply paying dues.
Membership will bring you into our family of theatre lovers. Annual member dues are $20.00, payable by July.
When you have completed your membership requirements, you will need to write a letter stating what you have worked on at VLT and why you want to become a member and submit this letter to the vice president. The letter will be read at the next membership meeting and the membership application will be voted on at the next board of directors meeting.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please download a form from this link, or please contact Claude Offenbacher at [email protected] for more info.
FORMS & HANDBOOKS
Here is a collection of forms in PDF Format that are used regularly by members:
• Membership Application
• Request for Theatre Space Usage
• Request for Reimbursement/Purchase Order
• Mainstage Director's Proposal
• Stage Left Director's Proposal
• Stage Left Director's Proposal Studio Changes