"JUNO AND THE PAYCOCK"
Written By Sean O’Casey
Directed by Michael Walker
presented by special arrangement with LICENSING SERVICE
OCTOBER 7 - 22, 2016
THURS - SAT 7:30PM, SUN 2:00PM
The season begins with the most famous play by the remarkable Irish dramatist Sean O’Casey, a starkly effective portrait of a divided house and country. Juno and the Paycock is a compelling look at the family conflicts of struggling Irish matriarch Juno Boyle, as she attempts to keep her children safe and her husband “Captain” Jack Boyle sober, despite his foolish schemes and the ongoing “troubles” in early 20th century Dublin. “...a boisterous comedy, a wrenching tragedy and blistering social commentary”— The New York Times.
(Click on the gray boxes below to expand the sections)
TICKETS & CALENDAR
• Reserved seat tickets are $19; Senior and Students are $15; Thursday performances (October 13 and 20) are $15 for everyone. The ten performances are Friday-Sunday, October 7-9; Thursday-Sunday, October 13-16; and Thursday-Saturday, October 20-22.
Curtain time is 7:30 p.m.,
except for the 2 p.m. Sunday matinées.
• An Opening Night Gala with refreshments following the show is open to all those who purchase tickets to the October 7 performance. The VLT also has 20 assisted-listening devices available on a first-come basis each night.
• Season Ticket Holders may purchase tickets starting September 21.
• General Public sales begin September 28.
• Patrons may order tickets on-line at TheVLT.com or through the box office. For more information on tickets, call 541-344-7751 or send an email to [email protected] The Very Little Theatre is located at 2350 Hilyard St. in Eugene.